Friday, January 29, 2010

Finally, Robotic Beings Rule the World

Dearest Readers,
This week, technology has jumped on the Goldilocks bandwagon. Please allow me to explain. Many looked at a hefty laptop and thought ‘too big,’ many held the miniscule iPod and thought ‘too small,’ so the clever men at apple invented the iPad. It’s a laptop/i-pod all-in-one-really-strange-halfway-in-between-like size. Now don’t get me wrong, the iPad has the coolest features known to man, ranging from books at your finger tips to the ability to search the internet with its own touch keyboard, and as a college student, I appreciate their low price of only $499 for the beauty; However, I am a bit concerned about the general layout. It’s an approximately 10 by 8 inches screen. Hmmm, I have two qualms with this: how the heck do you carry it, and how do you protect the screen? As a person with a serious case of the dropsies, what’s a girl to do when apple says ‘psh, forget being able to close it, let’s just leave it open…all the time.’ Oh dear. And 10 by 8, while fitting the goldilocks standard, isn’t really a convenient size. I can fit it in my purse, but I could carry my laptop in one anyway and men don't carry purses, and I definitely can’t fit it in my pocket and neither can men, where I always keep my iPod. Men are in trouble. Now here’s my theory, Apple with all of its glorious power will invent a new form of bag specifically for the iPad (that somehow men will buy). And it will be popular, because it’s Apple. Mark my words people, regardless of my qualms with the product, millions will rush to buy it without a second thought to my concerns (tut tut).
Lesson to be learned: Apple rules the world, and will release not only a line of bags for the iPad, but will continue to invent a torrent of oddly shaped screens that people will buy.
That being said, I always was a goldilocks person myself…but what can google offer me…
Deviously,
Adorkable

No comments:

Post a Comment