Monday, May 17, 2010

Upside Down: First Installment of Adorkablely Embarrassing Moments and Adorkable Assets

Dearest Readers,

I have been rather philosophical in my posts lately … so I decided it was time for just a plain ole’ fun postie (with deep, impressive, and literary undertones of course … just kidding.) But seriously, I normally like to keep my identity on the down low (that’s my cool kid lingo right there), but I decided to do a new installment in the Adorkable world: Adorkablely Embarrassing Moments and Adorkable Assets. This week they both require photographic evidence of myself to believe … so sorry for the momentary narcissism. This post actually combines two things I’ve really wanted to add to the blog: my most embarrassing moments and the things I think are really cool right now so I want to share it with the bloggity world (like in last week’s blog post I talked about ColorMeKatie). The first new bloggity addition, my embarrassing moment of the week, is inspired by my day to day oopsies (yes I did just use that word), and the second, the things I love this week (I see them as assets ... get the name ;), is (are?) inspired by Post Picks, which are little blips the culture staff of the Post (my school newspaper and the staff I write for…woot woot) writes about where they just say what they like this week, these picks range from websites torompers to toilets…it’s a pretty bizarre combo. So now that the exposition is done, on to the main event!

Adorkabley Embarrassing Moment of the Week: Tie Dyed Hands and the Dean of Students (If this title doesn’t intrigue you, I don’t know what will).

(This picture was taken A DAY after I tie-dyed ... after I had showered ... these are clean in comparison!!) So basically, there was this event called Mess Fest, an event hosted by my and surrounding dorms to raise money for Relay for Life. The Fest basically consisted of tie-dying, rolling around in paint, and pizza. (Try not to be too jealous.) The net of it is, my hands were red …. Like, I-killed-a-person-it’s-freaking-engrained-in-there red, not just like oh-look-at-that-silly-girl-who-tie-dyed red. Then I had to cover the Pride Graduation for the Post (read my story on it here), a fancy event where everyone dresses up. My hands were still red despite 30 minutes of washing and even trying nail polish remover (I wouldn’t try it … doesn’t work and it definitely not good for skin).

And of course, who was at my table, but Dean Lombardi, Dean of Students, and at the neighboring table, the President’s wife, Deborah McDavis. HAH! Try explaining that one…oh I was tie-dying…no, I’m not four…no, I swear I tried to get it off my hands…yes, it does look like I’m bleeding. Not to mention, we ate dinner together. As in, my hands were on the table in front of them, no bars hold, gushing a nice shade of fuchsia…classy. Plus, the Post has a top 10 list, as a quasi joke quasi serious thing, of people not to embarrass yourself in front of if you can help it. They were both on it. I’m just a freshman and already I’m at 20%...I’m golden. All in all, I made a joke of it, and I got the dye off my hands today using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (not a joke … bought it at CVS… it so should not go on skin but it works) and painting my finger nails. In the end, the tie-dyed shirts are soooo worth it … they’re baller.

Adorkable Assets: Ridiculous Rain Gear

(Me in my yellow coat ... I am only sad, because it is raining, but I am happy on the inside because of my rain gear!!) This post is already getting long, but let me just say … everyone should own galoshes and ridiculous rain gear. My mother bought me a yellow raincoat, and it is the best article of clothing I own. It makes me look like a giant traffic cone, or maybe a traffic director. My temptation to jump into the street and direct cars randomly is high. (I won’t, however, because I value not getting arrested.) You can never lose me in crowd (even though when I am dressed this way you may want to), and in this ridiculous downpour, I am so dry. Plus, my umbrella is failing on one side, so I need it to not drown while walking to class. Go. Buy. Now.

Lesson to be learned: Attitude is everything, and being confident and amusing can get you out of most problems ... especially when you have to prove you didn't kill someone.

Well world, I hope you like the new blog set up…let me know what you think by leaving comments!! (I love comments … you should leave one … maybe tell me what you think I should write about in the future!!)

Red Handedly Yours,

Adorkable

No comments:

Post a Comment